Position: We are currently seeking
Early Childhood Educator (ECE)/Early Childhood Educator Assistant (ECEA)
At Little Owl Academy we are actively working towards our vision to be an exceptional place for educators to teach, children to thrive and community to grow.
If you are a professional educator that is wanting to be a part of a supportive and positive team with many opportunities for advancement, we would love to discuss what opportunities we have available. We hope to attract long term employees who align with Little Owl’s philosophy.
For more information regarding our philosophy, vision and values please feel free to read more on our website: https://littleowlacademy.ca/intr/
● 0-5+ years experience working in a licensed group child care facility.
● Solid understanding of BC Child Care Regulations.
● Clear criminal record background search.
● Current Emergency First Aid and CPR – Child Care
● License to Practice in BC as Infant-Toddler Educator and/or Early Childhood Educator or Early Childhood Educator Assistant.
● Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
● Ability to be physically active and responsive to children’s physical need required.
● Specialized training/experience such as Reggio, Montessori, Infant-Toddler, Children with Exceptionalities, Visual Arts, music and/or second language an asset.
● Experience developing program and curriculum plans an asset.
● Meet with the Lead Teacher and/or Child Care Director as required; ensuring regular communication. ● Develop program plans related to care and early learning that are aligned with the philosophy and curriculum of the program. (ECE)
● Support the development of program plans related to care and early learning that are aligned with the philosophy and curriculum of the program. (ECEA)
● Develop and implement care and early learning activities that are aligned with the philosophy and curriculum of the program. (ECE)
● Support the development and implementation of care and early learning activities that are aligned with the philosophy and curriculum of the program. (ECEA)
● Works closely with the child care team to ensure overall program consistency and philosophy.
● Role model appropriate behaviour and grace and courtesies with children, parents and fellow staff.
● Role model joy and a positive attitude in relation to learning and care.
● Promote and enforce program policies and procedures.
● Participate in program events as required – including occasional evening and weekend activities.
● Participate in annual evaluations with the Lead Teacher and/or Child Care Director.
● Participate in team and program meetings.
● Add information into the communication book for classroom.
● Add information into any online/physical files or systems in order to support program, child, family and/or classroom documentation needs.
Children, Families and Community
● Nurture the growth and development of each child (and their family) with care, compassion and understanding.
● Ensure child discipline is delivered in accordance with the program philosophy, policies and procedures.
● Ensure active supervision is delivered in accordance with program philosophy, policies and procedures.
● Ensure appropriate records are kept regarding each child who is enrolled within the classroom.
● Build a positive working relationship with parents, the community and local agencies.
● Promote an environment that is celebrates the diversity of families, children and their individual learning and care needs.
● Support the development and implementation of Care Plans as needed for individual children.
● Observe children in their surroundings and assesses individual and group needs; complete child progress reports and attend/lead parent conferences
● Promote parental involvement within the classroom.
● Tours parents and visitors through your classroom in absence of Director.
● Document child attendance.
● Receive inquiries, visits and calls from parents and handle in a helpful, professional and polite manner.
Staffing and Supervision
● Counts within child-staff ratio unless Lead Teacher or Child Care Director has granted approval for other staff coverage so support, planning or administrative duties can be completed.
● Works with team members to support staffing requirements within the classroom as required.
● When requested to, works with Child Care Director and/or Lead Teacher to help coordinate subs for the classroom if any staff is absent.
● Builds a positive working relationship with ECEs and ECEAs working in the classroom through a teamwork approach.
● Participates in ongoing professional development as requested/required by Lead Teacher, Child Care Director or Little Owl Academy administration.
● Is flexible to work in different areas of the program as requested by the Child Care Director and/or Lead Teacher to ensure child-staff ratios are maintained at all times.
Health and Safety
● Comply with all licensing and public health requirements.
● Supports the conducting of monthly fire drills/emergency/earthquake drills.
● Ensures the classroom is in accordance with the child-staff ratio requirements both indoors and outdoors at all times.
● Maintain all health and safety requirements.
● Checks toys and equipment for safety hazards and appropriate functioning.
● Ensure program toys and equipment are cleaned and disinfected according to program policies.
● Handle all emergency situations and reports any minor or serious incidents according to program policies and Child Care Regulations.
● Supervise indoor and outdoor play as required and according to the Active Supervision policy.
● Participates in meal times and demonstrates healthy eating routines.
● Diaper and/or toilet learning support/guidance of children as required.
● Conducts daily health checks of children.
● Ensures dietary requirements are met for individual children.
● Administer medication in accordance with physician authorization, program policies and child care licensing.
Little Owl Academy believes that quality Early Learning and Care environments starts with educators. directly invest in educating our teachers and actively advocate for ECE Wages to government. We have a comprehensive compensation package which includes competitive wages, Paid Vacation, Flex Time, Full Benefits, Paid Education & Professional Development & Childcare Discounts.
How to Apply
If Little Owl Academy sounds like a good fit for your career in Early Childhood Education or to learn more please apply online using the following link http://littleowlacademy.ca/careers/ or email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com