Best Pest Control Company in Chilliwack BC
Dealing with a rat or mouse on your Chilliwack property we can help
As soon as you realize you have a rat or mouse problem, call Pest Control Chilliwack and start following the tips below.
Preventing rats and mice from your home
There are many different things you can do to prevent rats and mice from becoming a problem. Keeping clean and blocking holes are the best ways to prevent rats and mice. Another great tip: put out cotton balls with peppermint oil – just drip four to five drops of peppermint oil on a cotton ball and put the balls out where you often see the rats.
Block them from getting in
- Seal any opening you think a rat or mouse can get into – try to block any opening bigger than 1cm.
- Make sure your garage door touches the ground.
- Check your basement for cracks and holes
- Replace broken drier vents.
Keep food and waste out
Whether it’s on your property or in a Chilliwack Park, keeping food out of rats’ and mice’s hands is key to preventing issues.
- Store your dried goods in sealed containers, and not anywhere on the ground or where a rodent could easily get to.
- Take any park picnic leftovers home and put them in your organics cart, or throw them out in a park garbage can.
- Keep your garbage and organics carts clean and closed.
- Keep your BBQ clean and put away any leftovers right away.
- Put pet food dishes out inside – avoid leaving them out on your porch.
- Store your pet food securely, and preferably inside.
- If you’re a restaurant owner, make sure to manage your commercial waste bin well
Watch your yard and garden
- Grow mint: Rats hate mint and many other herbal smells, so get your garden growing with these herbs.
- Pick your vegetables from your garden often – they can otherwise be tasty treats for rodents.
- Use rodent-proof bird feeders and sweep up any bird seed that falls on the ground.
Rats and mice are just two kinds of pests that can cause problems in Chilliwack. Learn about other pests in Chilliwack and what you can do to prevent or deal with them.
Natural Pest Solutions
46167 Yale Rd,